Saturday 17 September 2011

Step Into My Parlour...

Anime is just like books, movies, video games, anything; there are good ones and bad ones. There are those that just the mention of one of the characters, you immediately get goosebumps, and suddenly no matter what Hell is going on in your life, you just forget it, because your mind is replaying some mind blowing, heartfelt, kick-ass scene that you’ll remember even when your gumming apple sauce in that Home you were sent to. But then, there’s the Boogie flavoured ones in your “Every Flavoured Beans”….You know the ones I’m talking about, you’re thinking of them right now, and just like me, you’re trembling and you’re wondering “Why hasn’t someone invented brain soap yet?” Either it was cutesie enough that you figure dentists had a hand in making it; unbelievably goofy enough that it was embarrassing and sent you hiding your head like an ostrich; or one of those 30 minute toy commercial types that threaten to send kids into an epileptic fit. But I am here to tell you “Don’t you worry, never fear” because I am at your service (elegant bow)

I am blessed with a lot of time and i don’t mind spending it watching anime. I will tell you what I think is worthy. And if you’re a true gourmet, you will appreciate that I’m picky and I don’t just watch anything because it’s anime. Just like you wouldn’t eat everything that is food. I judge by animation, characters, relationships, plots, creativity, music, endings etc, so I’m thorough, and won’t just say something is good or bad without a solid reasonable explanation. I know it is hard when you have your preferences and sometimes you take it personally when you see the animes you like not getting the attention you think it deserves, but I promise I will make an effort to be fair. Still, this is my blog, so I will give my opinion and express my tastes, despite how many disgruntled fan boys (or girls) scream obnoxiously and throw Sharingan/Kamehameha at me….Hm I know that statement will rile some of you up like a hornet’s nest in a Pinata party, but like I said, I want to be fair, so I will hear you out. Feel free to leave comments. Bring it on.

I am not old enough to take you back to when Anime was still in diapers, but I know a little about some of the history. Was a Voltron fan of course…Robotech the beginning of Gundam….G-force “They taught them to fly like birds”….And does anyone else remember staying up late to watch Robot Carnival on Sci-fi or am I older than I thought? And of course the anime that made me the otaku I am today, Sailor Moon, my first obsession (used to go to school late because I was hanging back to see it). I will depend on you veterans to fill in the blanks and school the younguns on the animes that paved the way for the ones we love today. 

I’m not really into the old stuff though. The oldest animes I absolutely love is Trigun…(Yay for the Typhoon! Kya!) Technoman and Vampire Hunter D….(So wicked!) But besides that, I’m into the more modern things, like Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Deathnote, D-Greyman, Rurouni Kenshin, Ouran High School, Hellsing, Card Captors Sakura….I could go on, but I will spare you naming all the many who have a place in my heart. 


Basically I really like anime (Slap a big “O” on my chest) and I want to talk about everything. I want to have lots of fun with this, meet more people who like what I like, hear other point of views, and hopefully gain your trust while I guide you through the world of a Gourmet Otaku.

PS: I love Manga too so don’t hesitate to bring it up ;)

Next Time: “What are you watching this season?”

1 comment:

  1. "Boogie flavored ones" XD Very nicely written. You sound like an expert to me. :)

    ReplyDelete